Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mm, yes, this will be my downfall when they psychoanalyze me.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a poem that I wrote when I was half-asleep, and which definitely makes me sound like some manner of serial killer. Obviously, I have been watching far too much Dexter. (Actually, that's a really good excuse - Dexter made me do it!)

--

Incisor

I've pulled you apart
More than a score
Of times - each showing a
Revelation, a dance of
Blood and organs,
Manners and graces.

My tools are slick with it -
You are all over my table.

I've cracked you into segments, to
Revel those thrilling corners -
Exposed for my frank, surgical wanderings.

I'll paw through your coils and determine
All possible things.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 pm, Blogger Emano said...

Let me be the first to say, "Eeeew." Still,my favorite line is "My tools are slick with it;" nice imagery. Well, not nice, but you know what I mean.

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. And it kind of -is- ew , isn't it?

But I sort of like it, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home