Saturday, February 07, 2009

it is not
what you write
It is how
I read you

--


My ritual is underpinned with a
Delighted focus - gleeful rapture,
A certain incredulous examination
Near exultant, rhapsodic
Illumination

--

I also have something else hovering about which I shall more than likely turn into a short story, which is already taking structure. If I even think of any part of it, other areas clarify and develop - it's almost as if I have nothing to do with it, or if I'm remembering a dream, or perhaps... I don't know, someone else's memory. The funny thing is that I know that this piece of writing will have an extraordinary structure, something very strange.

Oh fuck. It has just meshed with an idea that I had months ago, a deep, intimate kind of exploration that I couldn't figure out how to approach. I wrote several drafts which never seemed to be quite right, although I hoped at the time that they were.

And now I have the key to it, and it was as simple as a line from a message.

Bravo, muse.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 am, Blogger Kerith said...

haha what a good muse i am :)

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger Emma said...

What? Oh, it's not you...

Kidding. *grin*

I would tell you not to gloat, but I think you probably should. Plus, I'm actually terribly grateful.

 
At 8:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home