Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Patterns

It has been so easy to slip into the pattern of working full time. I used to wonder how people did it, going from day to day without really thinking, simply going from one day to the next without working towards anything in particular. I guess that's how it looked from the outside. For the last three years (and even before that) I always had a goal in mind. It was to finish my degree for a long while. And now I have. Of course I still have the whole 'going overseas again' thing to look forward to, but what if I didn't? Would I be content to just blob around at Automatic and work almost every day?

It has become almost like school, actually. I see the same people, day in, day out. There are petty little gossips and complaints and that sort of thing. There are people in charge who yell at you to get back to work and playground rivalries. It's so strange...

I sort of feel faintly bored with this routine. I don't have much time for writing (especially with emails and the board) so I'm feeling rather uncreative as well. Perhaps I should just go off now and sit and write for a while. It'll probably do me the world of good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home