Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Today is wonderful. I have the first six chapters of Hobb's new book under my belt and tonight I get to spend long hours on the phone to my Beloved. The new book is magnificent. Having made the attempt to write a book makes me respect her craft even more.

I gave blood today. The needle was much larger than I had expected. The sharp stab as it broke the skin made me wince. Even so, the bag filled up quickly. I'm always surprised at how warm the connecting tube is as I sit with it coiled around my arm. I feel slightly chilled and lightheaded, but such symptoms are more than worth it if my blood indeed goes to saving a life.

I can't wait to call Ash. I was woken by her at 3:30 this morning, and can barely remember what I said. Something about the new book, no doubt. I shall read her some tonight.

Tomorrow, I go to see the Dutch Masters. There will be a lunch beforehand, which I am really looking forward to.

Tonight, I shall read until my eyes blur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home