Friday, December 30, 2005

Yeah, well...

I tried. I put on sunscreen. I wore a t-shirt when I was out of the water. I didn't get even the slightest bit pink on the areas that I was worried about, which was my face and the tops of my shoulders. Oh, no. I got all red and painful on the places where I wasn't paying much attention. I have little red bands behind my knees where my board shorts finished and my sunscreen left off. I have a massive red ring around my neck that marks my bather line. I didn't think of putting sunscreen on the fronts of my shoulders, did I? Bah. Oh, and my back (apart from the tops of my shoulders) looks like a Christmas ham. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch!

Still, it was a bloody good day. I got up early, and Shane drove me down there, with Rich and Bel following in their car. We got there and trooped down to the beach, and set up our base. Shane had thought to bring a sheet that we all stretched out on. I had assumed that there was going to be a changing shed, so I wore clothes there. Well, there wasn't. The boys held up aforementioned sheet and I got changed up against some bushes. They swear they didn't look. I certainly hope they didn't... So, when I was all changed, we got in. The water was cold, and we all made various squeaking noises as we inched our way in. Once we were in, the water was lovely. We all alternated between swimming and stretching out on the sand. I'd taken a book, and spent some time reading that. (GRRM, A Clash of Kings.) Age rocked up a bit later on with drinks and a big tub of strawberries and grapes. 10 points to her for catering. We nibbled, basked and swam for hours, until it was time for me to go to work.

All in all, it was a bloody good day. Until I started to pinken up. Ouch!

2 Comments:

At 1:36 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Yes, definately. Do you think you'll be able to get down in a week or two?

And I'm still sore. Ouch ouch ouch!

 
At 5:46 am, Blogger Emma said...

Of course you can stay with me, idiot! We have all the room in the world, plus one largely absent flatmate. Just let me know, darls, and we'll allocate you a space!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home