Sunday, July 16, 2006

New York, New York and Other Places

I've booked my hostel for my Night Alone in New York. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm arriving a day before everyone else, and am staying in a hostel before I move into the apartment that we've organised. I'm looking forward to the apartment, because I'm sure it will involve a lot of laughing, drinking and probably watching certain television shows.

Anyway, the hostel I've booked seems to have some mixed reviews. It was renovated in 2006, and it seems that it has gotten better since then... And how bad can it be for just a single night? I'm sure it'll be more than fine. Thanks to Heather, I sussed out the neighbourhood. It's near Columbia University, which means lots of cheap places to eat and things like that. I'm sure I'll have fun wandering around looking at things.

That's the kind of traveller I am. I much prefer to look around a city at ground level and establish myself as a part of it. Attractions are all well and good, but I can be utterly entertained by strolling the streets and having a bite to eat here and a drink there. I suppose it comes from living for a time in a city that doesn't really have any proper attractions. But such a vibrant and interesting city to explore! And such wonderful company in which to do so.

Of course, before I go, there's tomorrow's trip to Finland. After that, Ash and I are heading over to England once again to hang out with Sky. Hooray! I hope we can fit in a little meet or something while we're there. It's always excellent to catch up with the Brits.

So, this will be my last entry for a while, for I'm off to the Finnish wilds! Not to worry, I might be able to sneak onto the ferry's internet connection to let you all know that I'm alive and kicking.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Woo-hoo! Hobbling visit!!

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger No said...

wow that hostel looks cool. I like the beds. Makes me almost wished i'd go too to NY. heh.

You'll have to tell me if the place is OK, might be useful for a future trip. ;)

 
At 3:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home