Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yesterday was perfect.

I needed no persuasion to skip Editing class (it was nothing more than two hours of work on citation) and instead of trekking to Uni, I spent the whole day in the company of my Love. It's something precious when she is leaving so soon.

We slept late. The is something utterly delightful in waking up slowly, with no thought to what needs to be done in the day. Few have such freedom, yes? (I shall be a Uni student forever.) We spent the morning curled up in bed. It was lovely.

When we finally managed to get up, we went into the city and had a gorgeous lunch in one of the laneways near Flinders St. It was raining, and we darted in and out of the shops until we found a cafe that was warm and cosy. Lunch was so damn good, I ate until I couldn't eat any more. Then, we went book shopping. I found a Lindholm and a Fford I'd been meaning to get, and we grinned at the new Hobb, remembering the Stalker Weekend in Sydney.

Then, Max Brenner. How can something so delightful exist? We spent an hour there looking cutesy and feeding each other chocolate. We positively screamed 'Smug couple.' I was in heaven.

Back home, back to bed. No complaints from me.

We emerged at midnight to cook dinner, then slept.

As I said, a perfect day.

I shall treasure it.

4 Comments:

At 6:06 am, Blogger H said...

Lucky Emma.

 
At 6:11 am, Blogger La Tulipe said...

Lucky Ash.

 
At 5:04 pm, Blogger Jess said...

She's aliiiive!

*grins*

Smug indeed. :p

 
At 2:11 am, Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, I didn't notice these comments...

*grin* Thanks for reading, dearies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home