Saturday, October 08, 2005

Keppet's Milestone post is making me think about five-year-old me. I suppose I was a happy little child. I certainly seemed to fit into my classes well. On the first day of class, I walked across the school crossing outside of my house, Mum's hand in mine. After sprawling amongst the gravel at the front gate (I had battle-scars to show off, I was happy) she took a photo. There I am, standing in front of the school with a 'Happy Little Vegemite' t-shit and pigtails. And of course, bloodied knees.

I have one vivid memory of sitting in the classroom holding a crayon. I was so little that my head barely reached to the top of the back of the seat. I remember drawing outside of the lines, and arguing that we were going to cut that bit off anyway. I remember asking my teacher 'why?' when she asked us to draw a picture of God. After conferring with my neighbour (as I had no idea) I scribbled a man in blue robes. He had big grandpa ears and glasses.

I know I learned to write before Primary school, because my Mum taught me. I can still remember the first time I painted my name in big red letters at Kindy. The 'E' had far too many horizontal strokes.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

My very first name writing had too many horizontal strokes on the 'E' as well. :)

Cute.

 
At 12:50 am, Blogger Emma said...

Yeah, I thought I was being all growed up, too.

We didn't play horsie, the big kids just ran around pretending to be Transformers. Oh, and Voltron. Remember Voltron?

 
At 4:23 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

I think it was Transformers and He-Man at my school. For the boys, at least. The girls played My Little Pony and Care Bears.

I was never really into those games that much, though. Used to play various other things with my best friend, Chris. He and I used to get into trouble sneaking into the big kids' play area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home