Monday, December 05, 2005

Cherry's Birthday

It was a slow shift yesterday. I spent almost the entire time with only two or three tables, because some of the old outside ones are being re-painted and the sections have been re-jiggered. I was in Dandenong (which is actually a scary bogan town outside of Melbourne and also the name of the futherest section at work) and kept slacking off, so whenever I went out there, I had to clean frantically for ten minutes while saying 'crap crap crap!' under my breath.

So, I knocked off and went to the beer garden with Nugget. We almost found our way without calling for help. Well, we called once. I needed Daisy there to be my Sherpa, obviously. We had many many drinks, and I tried a bunch of exotic beers. I was getting into the Hoegaarden, thought. That stuff is seriously tasty. Over the course of the evening, I pimped Muse to workmates and had several nerdy Buffy discussions. It turns out that both Cherry and Ange (former and current bar managers) are both into it in a big way. Cherry was going to make everyone learn bits from 'OMWF' and have a singalong at her birthday. Ange has the sheet music. I must must must get a copy. We had a great time, and I even had a d&m with this guy I never really talk to or get along with. So, that was good.

The night had been planned in advance. We were supposed to go to a 'Gentlemen's Club' (Cherry being one for the ladies) afterwards. I wasn't really sure about going. Those sort of places don't do it for me in the slightest and I was faintly grossed out. But, with enough beer and plenty of gay boys (one of which is now my adopted father) and several other people who were freaking out, we went. Strangely enough, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was so completely unsexy that I almost laughed. If you've ever contained a smidgeon of pride at being skilled at reading human interaction, you'd realise exactly what those girls are doing to make their money. It's laughable. I spent most of the night in deep conversation with various people and drank $5 Coronas. The music was surprisingly good. As Ange leant over and said to me, it would have been a really awesome place to hang out if it weren't for all of the naked chicks.

I got to meet Cherry's sister, which was cool. They look sort of alike, but her sister is rather different. Actually, her sister is a dead ringer for Rian. No wonder Cherry reminds me of Rian a tiny bit. Or perhaps it's just that I know Cherry and Rian would both glass anyone who was horrible to me in any way.

I spent all morning today throwing up. It was horrible. I really didn't drink that much. Certainly not enough to warrant the vomit-fest that was my morning. It must have been that bloody shot. Still, I am feeling better now. I was so sick I couldn't keep water down before. Now I can go to work and complain with everyone else.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 am, Blogger keppet said...

Pretty template.

Naive me thought a gentleman's club was full of leather chairs and cigars and all the men wore tweed and said "what ho" a lot.

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger Emma said...

*ahem* Well, it wasn't that sort of Gentleman's club.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home