Monday, April 17, 2006

Visit by Numbers

So, I had Easter dinner with Ash's Dad last night...

4 - Buses caught.
2 - Finnish dishes I ate.
14 - Toothbrushes in the bathroom.
1 - Green shag rug in the lounge room.
2 - Chunky Gothic rings found in Ash's old bedroom.
3 - Muse songs that came up on my iPod on the way there.
4 - Photo albums perused.
1 - Shocking photo of Ash's mother on a beach.
20 - Minutes spent making out in a park while waiting for a bus home.
2 -Rides on the flying fox at Ash's old school.
3 - Jokes made about Ash being a wine snob.
4 - Words in English uttered by Ash's father.
7 - Wasps driving us away from the old cubby house.

It was rather good, actually. Not too scary. Granted, I kept my eyes on my plate for almost the entire dinner, mainly because I wished to avoid the awkward 'I'm the woman deflowering your daughter' glances.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 am, Blogger myo said...

"1 - Shocking photo of Ash's mother on a beach."

I think you could expand that part of the story. Give us a bit more detail ...

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger daisy said...

And the toothbrushes - why so many toothbrushes?

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Trust me, Myo, you don't want detail. *shudders slightly* Well, I suppose if I say 'topless sunbaking' you'll get the idea.

But there were some other photos that Ash hid, for which I am profoundly grateful.

Daisy, no idea why so many. I asked Ash, and she suggested that they were old ones. But why 14? Who knows? He lives by himself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home