Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Eating Swedes

Are we all being good little readers and listening to my podcast? If so, I applaud you and your good sense, and if not, get over here and have at it.

New episode as of today, in which I natter about the cost of living in such an expensive country and give you a recipe for the apparently unknown Svele.

Later today Ash and I are heading over to her father's place for a BBQ, or as Ash so lovingly puts it, 'We're going to go and eat grilled meat.' Hmm, I hope there's a bit more conversation, or I shall sit there and look embarrassed like I did last time. Meeting the parents is so much more fun when you don't speak their language.

7 Comments:

At 6:24 am, Blogger Archie Furrows said...

Hey, i-Tunes downloaded it automatically, I'll hae you know!

Mind you, I haven't heard it yet...

 
At 3:17 pm, Blogger La Tulipe said...

Someone Else, who also glotzed the podcast, wants to know if the seven dollar lettuce was Iceberg Lettuce?

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger La Tulipe said...

And...Rian wants an episode on Swedish couture.

...says Rian, vapidly wicked.

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger H said...

Hmmmm How do Swedes drink so much if it is so expensive? What are the prices for, say buying a bottle of vodka and taking it home?

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger daisy said...

My flatmate says he likes your voice. He didn't use the phrase 'sexpot tones' but I know that's what he meant. ;)

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Iceburg lettuce can get pricey here in winter, too. I think $4 was the highest I saw last year. But still, Sweden's pretty riciculous.

Better music this time. ;)

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Yes, it was an iceburg lettuce. I think. Or something very much like it. *grin* And how much do you expect me to know about couture? I'm fashion blind! (Unless you were being smutty and I didn't get it...)

They buy their alcohol from Germany, I think, H. It's not quite so much to buy a bottle, but still a little more expensive than back home.

Hee hee, Daisy. *grin* He'll come to use the term himself one day. Then you can laugh.

And Jes, the band's bassist worked at Auto. *grin* She's a scary goth with tattoos. She fit in perfectly, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home