Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm Here!

I'm in New York! Big shiny city. Seriously, it's massive, and when I got in to the Port Authority bus station, I thought I was in Vegas or something. I have an extremely crappy photo of the lights in the street. Wow.

The flight was surprisingly good. The shy guy next to me moved over to a row of free seats, so we both had heaps of space. I watched Mission Impossible 3 (dodgy, really) and some of a few other movies. I resisted the urge to get alcohol, because I didnt want to feel more yucky than I already did following a distinctly foul pre-flight Quarterpounder.

The airport was horrible, of course. Ash and I both bawled our eyes out. Wah. Once I got on the plane (and had a breakdown in the toilets after going through security) I was fine. It still sucks, though. Siiiiigh. Can't wait until she's in Melbourne.

My dorm was OK. A quartet of Irish backpackers came in (quietly, even) at some hour of the night, and the other beds were taken up by a NZ brother and sister. They were quite nice. Had Australian accents, though. It was music to my ears.

I have no idea what I'll do now before meeting everyone. I think I'll just have a wander around, maybe find a bookstore or something. Mwaha.

Oh yes, and my mobile is actually working. Fucking Vodafone. Is it surprising that the idiot who screwed up transferring my account to prepaid was the same idiot who told me it wouldn't work? Bah. So, you can reach me on my Swedish mobile number.

Right. Back up the stairs to sit in my room. Yay!

And thwipp!

4 Comments:

At 5:17 am, Blogger No said...

Glad you arrived safe. Wish you a real good time in the big apple!! :D

 
At 11:59 am, Blogger Ata said...

Hooray! KTF in NY! Ata continues to be jealous.

 
At 9:19 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Sigh. Me too. Me too...

 
At 7:23 am, Blogger keppet said...

I loved MI3. Super spy action. What is wrong with that? Secret and Revelations... high explosives... And oh my but there is this bit towards the end where you think that ____ happened... and the entire audience gasped and held their breath at this moment and there was no score, just silence...

Then it turns out that ___ didn't happen. And I could feel the audience laugh at themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home