Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Nano Bit Me Again



So I'm attempting NaNoWriMo again this year, after a few failed runs at it previously. Oh, I've won it twice, the first two times that I did it, but since then I've failed twice. I think. Was it twice? Either way, my Novembers have been disgustingly busy and stressy up until this year, so hopefully I'll make it now that all is well.

It's going pretty well so far - I'm at 7,500 and only three days in. The goal is to try to reach 1,667 words a day, so I'm ahead for now. I did just have four days off, which helped, but even so... I have a good feeling about this year, I really do.

I've been a little iffy about my piece, but seeing as it once was a failed short story, I'm actually rather excited to see that it is working nicely in a longer form. I seem to be stitching it all together fairly well, although I'm rather aware that my characters are moderately awful at this point. First draft, first draft!

I shall report back if I do not go insane.

2 Comments:

At 5:01 am, Blogger Emano said...

Report back even if you do go insane, please.

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Emma said...

i have not gone insane. Yet. Actually, things are going fairly well, even. I'm making my deadlines, and the plot is progressing nicely. I'm just a little worried right now that my slow slid into madness is a little too slow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home