Friday, August 19, 2005

I've been playing with the playlists on iTunes. Somehow, in all of the car trips to and from Uni, I got a musical education in alternative rock. Well, perhaps it's not as alternative as all that, but to a former pop-junkie like myself with almost no knowledge of "good" music (or so my friend Lisa would say) I've found myself... changing.

I made a playlist of rock, and I actually enjoy it. Maybe this is the start of a new musical era.

Hey Hey Baby - Spazzys
Seven Nation Army (Cover) - Audioslave
Hangin on the telephone - Blondie
What Ever Happened? - The Strokes
Best Of You - Foo Fighters
Reptillia - The Strokes
Run Baby Run - Garbage
Two-Timing Touch And Broken Bones - The Hives
Malibu - Hole Malibu
All My Crushes - Magic Dirt
Time Is Running Out - Muse
12:51 - The Strokes
The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age
I Can't Win - The Strokes
Get Free - The Vines

I can't help but cringe a little bit. I'm so musically uncool that I probably think this is a really good playlist when in fact it has flaws... Never mind. I've always maintained that I like music that I like, and screw the popularity.

I wrote a script today. The new show should be good this week.

5 Comments:

At 4:58 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Musically uncool? Nah, you're just a bit poptastic.

Hee, I wouldn't have picked you for a Strokes fan. I don't really like them, seems like they try too hard to be edgy.

Yay for Spazzys and Magic Dirt though. You've heard the original Seven Nation Army right? Kicks arse. Best Of You is currently the most overplayed song on the radio, and Run Baby Run is probably verging on pop.

Thumbs up though. ;)

 
At 11:38 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Ah, but Muse?! Fabulous. Excellent taste... a great song, that one.

And I cannot resist gloating once more that they're from my town. *smirk* Teeny little Teignmouth has native rock stars.

 
At 6:45 am, Blogger Emano said...

Take heart. You're not as musically uncool as I am. When I saw "Blondie" I thought of "The Tide is High" from sometime in the 70s or 80s-- and didn't even recognize anyone else.

Is this how my grandparents felt when people started talking about The Beatles?

 
At 1:45 pm, Blogger Emma said...

I guess it's never too late to learn. *grin* Oh, and Sky? I tell all of my Muse-fan friends that I've been to Teignmouth. I hope you don't mind me stealing your story...

I can't get enough of that Spazzys song. And of course I've heard the original Seven Nation Army! (Apart from Blue Orchid, it's the only White Stripes song I know...)

And the Beatles rock...

 
At 3:46 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Steal away, dear Em! 'Tis a grand story... and you have been to Teignmouth, and so have every right to share... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home