Sunday, September 11, 2005

Oh look, another bunch of people wandering past my window singing lyrics to 'Jesus Christ Superstar.' The cast party is being held by my neighbour. I really think it's put me off ever seeing the play.

I really should be in bed. But no, I feel like staying up and having a bit of a type. And why not? I can sleep in tomorrow.

I finally, finally managed to get that essay out of the way. The damn thing took all day to write, and I'm not sure if I sufficently explored the breakdown of sexual binaries within 'A Midsummer Night's Dream,' but what the hell. It's done now.

Now, someone is singing 'Voodoo Child.'

Uni will be over in a matter of weeks. Well, perhaps five or six, by the time the last essay is dumped in the Arts Office pidgeon hole. I remember the feeling of the impending end of year 12, and I was much more terrified. Who knows, maybe I've grown up a bit since then. Or maybe I'm just better at taking it as it comes. I guess we'll see what happens next year. I've steeled myself for quite a bit of displacement in the coming months, which I normally hate. But hey, life goes on, and I'm sure I'll have a roof over my head wherever I end up. But it won't be my roof. I won't have this room for much longer, I think. I hate being shifted out of my comfort zone, for all the good it usually does me.

It's worth it, I know. I'd give a lot more than this to be with my love. I just wish it wasn't so damn hard to organise. Sometimes, things should be easy.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 am, Blogger Andy said...

Endings are never really easy, I know I hated it when I (finally) finished uni, and a year later I'm planning on heading back for more...

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

But is it an ending, or a beginning? Perhaps both. As long as you have the joy of the beginning to look forward to, the sadness of the ending should be lessened.

I'm afraid I have no good words on the subject of moving, though... ugh.

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Emma said...

Thanks guys!

You're right, Dil. I am going to miss it... But sure, I'll be back.

And Sky, you're right, too. Everything should work out. I guess I'm just sensitive to change.

Moving sucks. Argh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home