Thursday, August 25, 2005

I can't get this to switch back to normal size... Fuck it. I'm leaving it as it is.

As I was saying (if you caught the other entry) I'm utterly unenthused with my Editing homework. If only I could just do Fiction...

My Fiction piece is coming along very well.

An extract.

Shortly after my seventeenth birthday, I took my father’s car and drove a few hours. I soon discovered a secluded little woodland that would allow me to cultivate the herbs I would require in my work. I made the pathetic excuse to my father that I ‘simply wished to have some time in the open air.’ I believe he suspected that I was sneaking a visit with my sweetheart. In truth, there was nobody for me. My uneven features turned away even the plainest girls that made my acquaintance. Within the woods, I found a little hollow that suited my needs perfectly. It was tucked out of sight and reasonably sheltered, yet possessed sufficient sunshine for my little garden to flourish. I took care to position my herbs erratically, so as to create the impression that they grew randomly. Of course, nobody with even a passing familiarity with deadly nightshade could fail to spot that several plants were clustered unusually close together. Still, it would be enough to deceive the casual observer, and I hardly thought that someone would deliberately seek out my patch of noxious herbs.


I think I have The Voice, now. A Good Thing, indeed.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Well, when it's all nice and polished, I'll mail you a copy.

*grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home