Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What, no comments? For four posts? I'm starting to feel neglected...

The last day of tutes! How exciting. It was all a bit anticlimactic, actually. Well, never mind. We had another run in with the Asian Snack Machine (the ASM) which was eventually sorted. I shall describe the events, because I think it makes a ripper of a yarn. Mate.

So, we arrived early for class, and pumped our change into the ASM, gathering some Pocky and some Asian Bueno. But, the Asian Bueno got stuck! Two of the packets made a nice little wedge shape and refused to budge even with much shoving and kicking of the machine. I actually managed to pick it up a bit and give it a jolly good rattle. Sadly, my efforts were to no avail. We even tried buying a perfectly good cookie to knock out the fearsome wedge, but it merely bounced off! The wedge was power! It was strength! (We managed to knock out a few Asian Buenos anyway, but the wedge stood firm!)

We trudged to class, munching Pocky.

Halfway through our class, we could hear a series of loud thumps. Odd noises are nothing unusual in building P; there's even a pipe that gurgles on regular occasions and sounds rather filthy. We spied several people clustered around the ASM. Our ASM. Our trapped wedge of Asian Bueno! How dare they! But, being good little classmates, we sat and workshopped.

Lo and behold, when we left our last tute ever, the wedge was still there! It couldn't budge for anyone but us, surely!

We kicked, we rocked, we jiggled. We recieved a few words of advice from our tutor, who said 'No, you've got to rock it! Get over the other side, I'll show you!' She suggested buying a drink to knock out the offending wedge.

Brilliant idea. Except for the part where the can got trapped as well.

Our cheers turned to moans that turned back into cheers. The brainless ASM kept pumping out the drinks, which knocked the wedge out of place, sending cascades of AS food into the drawer!

Victory!

Lisa drank the weird Asian Coffee Drink, and felt ill. I could have told her that.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 am, Blogger Emano said...

ASM? Only Aisian snacks?

I'll comment on something from a previous post, so you'll know you haven't been neglected. I'll recreate it here so that you don't have to go back and look for it.

You said, "I have 'Miss You Love' stuck in my head."

I wanted to say, "Am I the only one who can't help but put 'in my pants' after that?"

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Emma said...

*snigger* Trust you, Emano. I think it really has become a serious disease, this adding of 'In My Pants' to everything...

Mostly Asian snacks. Lots of soft drinks with strange names like 'Birds Nest Drink.'

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Not neglecting, still reading. (Ahoy)

You have better adventures than the famous Four. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home