Wednesday, April 26, 2006

LoveLorne


Guess who my favourite Angel character is? Well, apart from Fred when she's all half-crazy and timid. (Not so much when she's righteous and/or annoying in some other way...)

Ah, but Lorne has his sly one-liners and witty jests and smooth turns of phrase... Maybe it's safe to say that I love whoever writes his lines. All of them are little gems.

Oh yes, and even though I do mutter 'Mmmm, Angel' I would definitely most like to meet Lorne, given the choice. He's the one they go to for help (much like Giles, whom I also like) and will encourage even the worst singers with a compliment. I love that he uses nicknames like Peanut and Pumpkin Seed and Danish. I love that he thinks that someone could be better off following their heart singing than pursuing a career in medicine.

Also, I love his flamboyant attitude. Puts me in mind of many of my friends back in Melbourne. I reckon he'd fit in well at Auto, horns and all. (After all, isn't it dinner and a show?)

Ah, Lorne. Such a fabulous character.

Thus ends the mini-shrine.

12 Comments:

At 6:56 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Lorne is fabulous. He's one of my favourite characters too. Absolutely love him. :)

 
At 3:16 am, Blogger keppet said...

He's the heart, soul and conscience of the group.

He is wonderful.

And the reason why I... no, I won't spoil.

 
At 5:06 am, Blogger skittledog said...

Hehe.

I wonder what Em will think of the episode you aren't spoiling? Actually maybe you're not talking about a specific episode, thinking about it...but I am. And I wonder whether she will approve or not.

Hehe. As I said.

I like him a lot, and he's invaluable in the show, but I'm not sure I get the all-out worship. *shrugs* whatever. He's pretty cool.

 
At 6:17 am, Blogger Emma said...

Shh! No spoiling! Although the very fact that there's something to spoil means that things probably aren't all well and good for him...

And it's not reeeeally worship, I just like him a lot. *grin* Nothing like you and Wes, Skits...

 
At 6:29 am, Blogger skittledog said...

Is anything ever all well and good for any Angel character?!

Get on and watch more.

Now.

Or soon.

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Emma said...

Tomorrow, I certainly shall.

Tonight, I've forced myself to write, after cracking the shits with my lazyness yesterday.

But yes, I shall watch more. Eeek. Do I dare?

 
At 7:28 am, Blogger biped said...

Would you dare not to? Could you send back those dvds right now and never watch teh rest of Angel without dying to know what happens?

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger La Tulipe said...

Rian adored Lorne at the beginning but liked him less as time went on. It was as though...

Well. Nevermind. That might be spoileresque.

says Rian, humming.

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Jess said...

He'd have been better off if Angel and co had never walked into his bar.

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger Emma said...

Oh yes. And I think he had a fair point when he gave his little 'I'm not just a vending machine for yout fortunes.' Poor Lorne. Used and abused.

 
At 3:27 am, Blogger keppet said...

skit- I was indeed referring to a specific episode but I think I see what the non-specific thing you think I may have been referring to was too...

He's an important part of the ensemble particularly when Cordy becomes less of Angel's confidente. Like in season two when Angel fires everyone and Lorne is the one that gets him to open up and talk about what he is going through. Then when Angel is wanting Cordy, Lorne is there to guide him. In season 4 everyone kind of takes a step back from being an individual and instead it is a team rallying against the apocalypse... you could say this is a shame as Lorne's important role is not used so much... but I love how this he steps up to join the champions in battle even though he is more of a peacemaker than a fighter.

 
At 10:20 am, Blogger academiannut said...

I may like Lorne quite a bit, primarily because he's so often the morally ambiguous one.

So many of Whedon's characters have only two modes of being: Morally upright with a stick up their. . . spine or unrepentantly evil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home