Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Foodbags

I don't think I've ever eaten as well as I did yesterday. Or, at least, it was the best meal I've had since Mum and Rick did roast lamb on the Weber, but that's another story. I plan to spend a good deal of this post writing about the food, but we did have a good time, catching the bus to and from VĂ¥rsta and milling around making out at the bus stops. It was an absolutely beautiful day, too... I was starving by the time we got there, as we skipped lunch. It was well worth it.

Ash's father started off by mixing us vodka and cranberry on the rocks, which was surprisingly strong and of course went straight to my head. That'll learn me for hardly drinking in Sweden and not eating lunch. The starter was prosciutto and honeydew melon, with occasional bites of crusty bread. When that was done, the Italian red wine was served. It went nicely with the delicious marinated steak cooked on the grill. It was so good that Ash told me I looked like I'd just... *cough* Never mind. It was good. Ash and I both had second helpings. With that was salad and huge oven baked potatoes with paprika and garlic butter and sea-salt and pepper. We got nicely tipsy with the red wine, and finished the bottle between us.

And then came dessert. By this time we had needed to take a little rest in order to digest. Ash's father gave us strawberries with vanilla cream and with a ten-year-old French dessert wine which was perhaps the best thing I've ever tasted in my entire life. It went so perfectly with the strawberries that I giggled with sheer delight. It was so light and sweet that I couldn't possibly resist another tiny glass when it was offered.

Hence, the journey back to the bus stop was quite staggering and merry. We came home and promptly fell into bed.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Very few things in life beat good food and drink. You've made me hungry. And thirsty. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home