Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Things I've Been Meaning to Blog for Ages

Hah, yes, now you get a bullet-point summary of all of the blog posts that have sat in my head and withered and died for lack of something to type them into.

  • The Greek Feast was spectacular, although I was almost the only one drinking wine (am I really the only one who doesn't have their Ps? Shame!) and went very red-faced. The food was awesome, as per usual, but it was just perfect to hang out as a group once more. Hurrah for The Group and all being together again.
  • I've been slugging away on my Nano despite being stuck a few times. At Shane's house I managed 2.5k while listening to Muse. Aside from that, I've skipped the entire thing forward about five years, so that they have more adult bodies. Lots of physical combat was sort of pointless when they were children. I shall see how this goes when the month is over, some of it might be worth saving. Might.
  • I was taken to a very very cool bar the other night by the boys. It's called Section 8, and is basically set up in a parking lot. There's a railway transport crate that has the bar inside and the seats are stacked pallets with wooden tops. There are some trees in each corner, and the walls have graffiti all over them. The DJ decks sit on top of two barrels with a door over them. It was awesome, and I must take the Hobblings there when the Melbourne meet happens. Here's a pretty link. Although, I must admit that it looks better at night.
  • I have recently borrowed BSG 1 and 2 from a very good friend, and plan to watch as many as I can this weekend. If I finish my novel. Or maybe even if I don't. Oh, the lure.
  • I am also addicted to OK Computer, after downloading it (legally) in Sweden. I missed out on proper teenage angst, so I'm making up for it now. No, I really like Paranoid Android and Karma Police. I keep getting them stuck in my head. Oh, and Lucky is good, too. I still disagree that Muse are the poor man's Radiohead, though. They're so different!
I think that's about it for me. You never know, there may be more. Take that, everyone who has abandoned my blog for lack of updates. Bam.

4 Comments:

At 11:06 pm, Blogger Q said...

Was that 'Bam' supposed to be read in Elzar's voice? Because that's how it sounded in my head.

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Oh, so don't listen to me when I tell you Section 8 is rightly our second home, or when I insisted you get a hold of 'Lucky' ages and ages ago!! Section 8 is near work, we found solace, and discovered it's awesomeness first!

 
At 3:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Lots of physical combat was sort of pointless when they were children. I shall see how this goes when the month is over, some of it might be worth saving. Might.*

Bah, i don't know, look what King wrote with 'IT'...
If yours only got "some of it" worth saving, i suppose i should directly put mine into the garbage bin. heh.

aaaaand, I'm still there. *no no don't close the lights!* oops, grins.

Nadine.

*ps. why does the damn don't recognise me anymore? huuuh*

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Yes, the 'Bam' was intended to knock this post up a notch. *grin*

Anna, you didn't mention Section 8, did you? Ah well, it's cool. And I downloaded OK Computer just because you said Lucky was good! So there.

Nadine! I'm being horribly judgemental about my own writing, as usual. I'm sure there's some good stuff. And I'm sure you'll kick arse with Nano! You're doing great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home