Friday, November 03, 2006

Souvenirs

Instead of re-hashing the excellent blog posts that are floating around out there, I thought I'd talk you through what I picked up on my travels. This will hopefully be exciting and not at all boring. Right, I shall start with NY.

T-shirt - The Strokes:

Purchased in the Virgin Megastore in the company of Q. It's black with shiny gold writing, but would probably suit someone with a flat chest better. Love the Strokes! This represents quite a bit of New York to me, as of course they are a band right out of the Big Apple. We did listen to them over breakfast a time or two, mostly because I had the iPod and I made people. Oh yes, and thinking of the Strokes makes me think of Drew Barrymore, so win win.

T-shirt - Silver Surfer:

The comics! Oh, the comics. And getting excited over Civil War with people! And being hugged by Keppet. *grin* Yep, this one will forever remind me of all of the being a nerd I did while I was on holiday. And it's shiny. Two shiny t-shirts. Well, I never.

Chopsticks:

From San Fransisco, in the same place that Keppet got her photo album. They're all carved and pretty with blue patterns on them. Seeing as the Chinese food rocks in San Fran, I was perfectly happy with pretty chopsticks to remember it by. Lovely.

Spidey Wristband:

From Universal Studios. More me being a nerd. It's red, and has his mask on it. I think it sums up the cheese aspect of Universal Studios perfectly. Oh yes, and my brother wanted to steal it.

Thwipp!

Oh yes, and we haven't told people that we saw the Mule from Serenity in the famous cars parking lot! The Mule! It was all yellow and battered and we were the only people on the tour who knew what it was...


2 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Blogger Ata said...

I loooove souveneirs. I love how you can look at something, and remember more about where you bought it because you brought it home with you. We bought teaspoons in Thailand on our honeymoon, because I loved the cutlery in the restaurants. Afterwards, of course, I wished that we'd bought a whole set of actual cutlery, but, well - weight limits, you know?

 
At 10:35 am, Blogger daisy said...

we were the only people on the tour who knew what it was...

That just goes to show how much cooler you are. Also, *jealous*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home