Thursday, February 22, 2007

Swatched

So, had my first shift on Tuesday. It's actually going quite well. I'm loving not working as a hospitality bitch. Something about not carrying plates or running up and down stairs while people bellow at you about ice buckets...

There is so much to learn, I feel slightly stupid, but I'm sure that'll pass as I start actually retaining some of the information. There are so many products to learn about! So many things to think about when it comes to returns and trade-ins and stuff like that.

And, I've discovered that I could so easily become a watch nerd. Lots of limited editions, lots of fancy ones that say, light up when you tap them, or you can play games with, or have an oscillator instead of a battery so they're charged when you move your hand...

But still, the work is good, and it'll fit in with everything else, and all is well.

Hurrah for a proper job with sick leave and penalty rates on the weekend! Hurrah for being able to wear runners and jeans! Hurrah for it being in the city centre! Hurrah for 40% staff discount! Hurrah for Swatch!

4 Comments:

At 11:23 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Woo-hoo! Sounds like a brill job, Em. You're going to be a watch expert! Hee. That'll be a great skill to have up your sleeve.


... and I just realised that was a terrible (and totally unintentional, I swear) pun. *groan*

 
At 4:09 am, Blogger Emano said...

Swatch birthday presents for everyone! I want an oscillator and not a battery one, please.

 
At 3:08 pm, Blogger Emma said...

I have three months of probation before I can buy anything with the discount. Aw. Sorry. *grin*

Terrible, Sky. Terrible, terrible. *laughs*

 
At 5:23 pm, Blogger Ata said...

Jeans?! You get to wear jeans? Man, I want a job where I get to wear jeans. And a 40% discount. I want that too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home