Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Keppet's Sig

Two protons expelled at each coupling site creates the mode of force, the embryo becomes a fish though we don't enter until a plate, we're here to experience, evolve the little toe, atrophy, don't ask me how, I'll be dead in a thousand light years, thank you, thank you, genesis turns to its source, reduction occurs step wise though the essence is all one, end of line. FTL system check. Diagnostic functions within parameters repeats the harlequin, the agony exquisite, the colours run the path of ashes...
[Cylon Poetry]



Just... just read that. What does it make you feel?

For me, it gives me the feeling that all great poetry does, a lightness, a defined sense of perfection and exhilaration and... of something connecting on a higher level.

This actually reminds me a little of Plath's Lady Lazarus. Of course, Plath is a lot more grotesque, particularly with this poem, but something in the Cylon poetry reminds me of it.

Keppet has shamed me into trying to write some of my own. (See, I'm not defeatist.)

I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Blogger Q said...

Keppet has shamed you? You do realise that's a BSG quote, right?

 
At 6:33 am, Blogger keppet said...

I called her defeatist (at the same time as being defeatist myself...).

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Emma said...

*grin* Yeah, missed that. Obviously I need to watch more. More!

 
At 12:22 pm, Blogger Emano said...

It makes me feel... confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home