Monday, March 12, 2007

Radio etc.

It's really quite sad that I'm writing this, but the course isn't as much fun as I thought it would be. Well, it has gotten slightly better since I last moaned about it, but all in all... some of it is so boring that I want to tear out my eyes. No offence to the teacher taking the class, but we go through material so slowly that I want to scream. It's so patronising! Having said that, I knew that the first six months would be slightly crap, as we're looking at fun things like radio ratings and copyright law.

Anyway, anyway, my goal is to get out of this course with enough material to do some work as either a presenter (which would be awesome) or a voice actor, because apparently my voice is rather good and it makes the money. And you know, not being dirt poor would be a nice change.

I shouldn't really complain about that, I have far more than most people. I just hate having to worry about things like rent. And I think it'll get better from here, it's just a bit shit at the moment. Ah well, life goes on and I'm sure it'll all work out. I think I'm mostly just stressed about being so busy.

Now, it's all cold and gloomy, so I'm going to retire to bed with Ash and a book to get all snuggly. Aw.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 pm, Blogger Jess said...

I just had the weirdest daydream about watching the english dub for some anime and hearing your voice as one of the characters... *laughs* That would be so bizarre.

It's a bit arse that it's started off like this, but all courses improve over the semesters, right? Stick with it, it'll be worth the boredom in the end.

 
At 5:05 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Yeah... don't you always have to start with the boring things before studying gets more interesting? I'm sure it'll improve no end once you're learning the things you love about radio.

And then you'll totally rock the Aussie airwaves. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home