Friday, June 22, 2007

Ink

I've been thinking about tattoos.

I've wanted one for years, but every time I think I have what I want in my head, it turns out to maybe not be exactly what I want. There are two possibly designs that I think I will probably get at one point, but one of them I'm planning to get on my forearm, and I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for that yet. Maybe at a later date, but perhaps I should start small.

I thought about getting a couple of lines of poetry on one of my shoulder blades for a while. I even booked in to have a chat with an artist. She wasn't sure that she could do what I wanted, and suggested a few other designs that I wasn't too keen on. I mean, I'm not going to try to get an impossible tattoo, but after watching episodes of Miami Ink (thanks to cousin Tim) I'm pretty sure I'm not asking too much. Maybe I need to sit down and chat about it with someone else. That, or move the design around a little.

It's so hard to choose! It's always going to be my downfall, I think, when it comes to this. Because I keep changing my mind, and I'm never sure... And sure is something that you need to be to get a tattoo.

I do want one, though. Maybe I'll re-work my poetry idea for a while. I'm thinking that in-between my shoulder blades might be good...

Maybe I should just get one of these t-shirts...

6 Comments:

At 6:59 pm, Blogger Ata said...

I like the "Tribal 2" sleeves tee, and the Tiger full body tee. And the undies with the fish on 'em.

 
At 2:39 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Mmm... they are nice. Great idea.

I've thought about getting a tattoo lots of times as well, but like you, I want it to be something totally unique and totally me. Not just some vaguely pretty design that doesn't say anything about who I am.

I'd love a wolf, of course. Or maybe just a very small, very subtle bow and arrow to mark me a Sagittarian. I could have a little scorpion next to it for Beloved... But yes. Too many options. And it absolutely has to be something you're completely certain about.

 
At 3:28 am, Blogger No said...

wow, I really never ever wanted to get a tattoo.
And I don't think I will ever change my mind about that.

I wonder why people would want that really. That's puzzling me.

Probably the only thing I really dislike about Robbie (Williams) is all the tattoos thing.

But now everyone is free to do what they want with their bodies.

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger La Tulipe said...

When you find the 'right thing', you will know.

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Emma said...

You're just saying that because your tattoo is awesome, Rian. *grin*

No, but you're right. Yes, I'm sure I will know when it comes to me...

Just hurry up, inspiration!

 
At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sheer tees are weird cos it's like looking at someone with no nipples.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home