Thursday, July 19, 2007

People Are Shit: Here's Why

I've been working all week at Swatch, because my boss has been away at meetings and things like that. It's rather good, I clocked up some nice hours this week, and we've done well with sales and things like that.

The only dark spot today came in the form of a British couple with a Calvin Klein watch.

Now, while the Swatch Group makes the CK watches (as well as a stack of others, like Tissot and Omega) we are NOT, under any circumstances able to fix or modify or even look at any of the other brands in the Swatch store. We're just not. Not only can we void the warranty, but we don't have the right links or pins or even tools to fix them. Besides, some watches have links that cost $40 each and there's no way we can just pull them out of nowhere to fix them. Usually we direct people to the head office and service centre, because they have watchmakers on staff who can deal with them.

Anyway. This British couple comes in with their watch, and asks the New Girl (who is rather nice) to fix it. She notices that it's a CK and tells them that sorry, we can't fix anything that isn't a Swatch. They bluster and object, while New Girl politely tells them why. I look over from fixing someone else's band and mention to them that we don't have the right pins for a CK. (The band had fallen off - if it had of been a Swatch, we could have put it on again.) The man thrusts the watch back at New Girl and demands that she fixes it, seeing as the pin is in the strap. 'Just fix it! Fix it! It'll take you two seconds!' he shouts.

New Girl once more politely refuses. I step in and fish about for a card for head office, also on the verge of mentioning a jeweller/watchmaker around the corner who can usually do things like that. The woman sighs loudly and snatches back the watch. I hand the H/O card to the man.

The guy throws the card at my head and screams 'Idiots!' and then storms out of the store.

Yeah. What the fuck? He screamed at me and chucked a card at my face! What a tool!

I stood there shocked for a moment before saying 'Excuse me, how rude!' at his retreating back. Waaaanker.

The group of people waiting for me to adjust their band were very, very nice after that.

6 Comments:

At 9:23 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Ugh. I can't believe some people. Sounds like someone has a few anger management issues...

And how arse of them to go around giving Brits a bad name. Dickheads.

 
At 9:39 pm, Blogger Ata said...

Lunatic.

I have nothing further to say.

 
At 1:06 am, Blogger Jess said...

Nothing like a wanky customer to ruin absolutely everything about your day in less than two minute.

Bastards.

 
At 1:07 am, Blogger Q said...

Sometimes I hate people.

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger daisy said...

I think everyone should have to work in customer service, just to see what it's like to have to deal with fuckwits like that and still stay professional. And to find out exactly what people think about you when you behave that way. Seriously, what makes people think that's reasonable behaviour? Bah.

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger * said...

Uh uh, not cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home