Friday, March 03, 2006

Learning the Swedish

I got a Swedish CD from Reader's Feast today. It has a patronising American woman saying things like 'Are you ready to learn Swedish!?' in an insanely happy voice. I've put the lessons on my iPod for the purposes of mobile learning. Some of it is really fast and complicated, but I'm sure I'll learn something on my disgustingly long plane flights.

I've also been getting all creative lately. I was up at 3am with a bit of poetry stuck in my head that I had to write down, and was assailed by a particularly good idea for a novel on the tram yesterday morning. I messaged Erika with a few keywords to write down for me. It is actually a possibility, so I'm quite happy about that.

Also, I picked up my tickets and my backpack today! I'm almost ready to go, it seems. I'm looking forward to some frosty Swedish mornings instead of waking up sweaty and disgusting in this heat.

And I can tell that I'm going to look back on that and roll my eyes.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 pm, Blogger Andy said...

*laughs*

Don't look back then, life is too full of regrets to go missing hot stinky mornings!

 
At 6:14 pm, Blogger Emma said...

You know, you're quite right...

Yay! Sweden!

*paints face blue and yellow*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home