Monday, March 27, 2006

Singin' Along

I was flicking through discount CDs in the supermarket today and came across a Frank Sinatra collection. I immediately started whistling a song that one of our Idols performed at some stage during the competition. 'It Had To Be You' was firmly stuck in my head for a good three hours. I hummed it while sorting through leeks, while tramping down a slippery muddy path, and while hauling the shopping up the stairs.

Today has been a day of singing. I put on OMWF this afternoon, and struck poses around Ash's living room. We pranced around with music from the Swedish Eurovision Finalist CD on during the day. Now I'm tapping away to 'Luxurious' by Gwen Stefani.

It feels so good to sing along to good music, even if you miss notes or forget the lyrics or get interrupted with a kiss. It's making me grin just thinking about it.

What's your favourite song to sing along to?

5 Comments:

At 7:17 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

Ah - so many good ones to sing to. One of my faves is 'Hot Fudge' by Robbie Williams. Brilliant song. So upbeat and great to sing to. Puts an instant grin on my face.

And Bliss. I can't sing it at all well, but it's so great to warble out to. 'Giiive meeeee.. all the peace, and joy in your miiiinnnd.'

Heh. Bet that'll be stuck in your head now. :p

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger H said...

It is a specific class of songs, the ones i sing along to. "Honky Tonk Women" (Rolling Stones) is probably my fave... I love to sing harmony on the chorus. Also "Heaven" (Talking Heads), "Wish You Were Here" and "Comfortably Numb" (Pink Floyd), "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker" and "I Wanna Be Sedated" (The Ramones) pop immediately to mind

bom bom babom baba bom babom I wanna be sedated

 
At 8:37 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Canned Heat - Jamiroquai.

You should see my crazy dance moves.

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger Emma said...

That song is guaranteed to make me dance, Jes. I think it's my favourite song of his. *beams*

Actually, at my going away party, I made everyone strike a pose each time he sings 'Dance!' *sniggers*

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger No said...

woho another Robbie fan -Great!!- Hot Fudge is very good yes.

Anything from Robbie makes me sing along.

We are the champions by Queen too and some tunes by Michael Jackson too. (I used to be a great fan of his.) Some U2 songs too.

But also old songs -french or not- that remind me of my mother or of just a part of my childhood. The Golden Days of Endless Summer. *grins*

I also very much like all those crooners songs like the one you're quoting.

James Bond's songs make me sing too.

Quite a lot in fact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home