Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Meet

Everyone else has pretty much said everything that I wanted to say about the whole meet experience, although I do have a couple of photos to share. In short, I had a really brilliant time! It's so good seeing the Brits again! Especially as meets with them seem to be meet, go silly, participate in activity, get pissed. (As opposed to Australian ones, where getting drunk and going nuts is pretty much all we do... Hee...)

And it was awesome staying at Sky's place. Damn, I love that house. Very cool meeting her man, too. Teignmouth is indeed a pretty town, even though I know that if I grew up there with nothing to do, I would have gone crazy. (Or started a rock band and made millions of dollars... oh wait, that was Muse...) There were heaps of tourists there, too. (Is grockles the local term?) Anyway, the very best thing about Teignmouth was the curry. Mmm, the curry. I shall dream about that wonderful curry (and Cobra beer, which I've never tried before and have decided that I love.)

It was also excellent to get to play with Myst and Hoot. They're such wonderful dogs. (Especially when they want something, of course.) Ash wants a dog now, and she was a cat person before. Mwhaha.

Right, so some photos.

Teignmouth beach.




And some Hobblings on parade:




Oh look, someone knew I was coming:




And then the mp3 player come out... Pity I couldn't get a photo of them singing along. Oh yes, and did I mention that I think Skit's new haircut suits her? The student in me wants to make her put some little bits of colour into it. The proper adult in her said no, I need to go to important meetings. Damn.



Anyway, that's pretty much all of the photos that I took. Well, the good ones, anyway. (I've left off several of people looking less than wonderful. If you could see them, you'd thank me...)

So yes, we pretty much caught the bus to London, then printed out the next ticket we needed, had a cheap steak and chips from a handy pub, then had nightmare delays getting to Stansted.

I have this huge big rant about that, but I'll do that later. The short version: It's not so fucking bad, and I'd rather be searched than killed, so stop fucking whining about waiting in a line for an extra five minutes.

Charming language, there. Anyway, Hobbmeet was fun, am very much looking forward to NY and the shenanigans that will ensue.

6 Comments:

At 11:02 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Hey look, a nice photo of Biped!

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger Skywolf said...

Heh. Knew you'd have some curry praise in there somewhere... *grin*

Mwa-ha indeed to Ash now wanting a dog. But how can you not, having met The Mystenhoot? Of course, I am exceedingly biased. But they're still the Best Dogs Ever.

It's nice when someone else says they love my house. Because I love my house. And not just in that it's a nice place to live... and it's nice that someone else gets that. :) Ah, the Moon...

It was brilliant having you! I hope the masses of grockles (which, naturally, you were one of) didn't scare you too much.

 
At 1:33 am, Blogger La Tulipe said...

Ah! The beach is wide and lovely.

Rian misses the ocean.

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Jess said...

A hobbling focused post gets 'mental help' spam. Hah.

 
At 5:40 am, Blogger Emma said...

I think I'm going to leave that there, actually. Makes sense, eh?

*grin* I did love visiting, Sky. Thank you so much for having us.

 
At 4:03 am, Blogger biped said...

*Looks down her nose at Jes*

You just think that because all other photos of me are atrocious.

Ah.Point. *reconsiders the down-the-nose-looking*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home