Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Random, Dated Little Tale

I was sitting in LAX, having just missed my flight and not yet been told by the airline that I had a seat on the next, so it was safe to say that I was sinking into a state of abject misery. I'd forced myself to eat, but my stomach was not cooperating, so a chunk of quarter-pounder sat in front of me on the grimy airport table. I was considering forcing it down, sipping my watery Coke, when a tallish skinny guy with blonde hair sticking out from under a baseball hat, hefting a couple of suitcases, walked past my table.

I didn't look up. There were people everywhere, trying to sleep or dragging suitcases on endless circuits. Just as he was nearly past me, the guy drawled in a Southern accent, 'I've got the strangest feeling I know you.'

I turned around, surprised, and blurted 'Really?'

'Yeah,' he said, not stopping. He hadn't made eye-contact. I saw him once more that day, although he turned when he saw me and went the other way.

6 Comments:

At 9:43 pm, Blogger Jess said...

The freaks you meet in the airport...

 
At 11:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, and the freaks you meet in tramways!

I should frequent airports a bit more, just to meet new people... *grins*

It's still me, Nadine, who can obviously not remember her password... or user name. Damnit!

 
At 12:05 am, Blogger Emma said...

Actually, it wasn't freaky, as such... Perhaps I made it come across that way, but it really wasn't. It sounded like he was genuinely puzzled, and that he'd actually worked up the courage to say something...

It was almost like the end of a movie... like Sliding Doors... or something. Either way, it wasn't freaky, just...unusual.

(Nadine, you're showing up fine to me!)

 
At 2:00 am, Blogger Skywolf said...

How bizarre.

Maybe someone dared him to do it.

 
At 3:38 pm, Blogger keppet said...

He's probably a time traveler. You'll meet him again soon and it will be the third time for you but the first for him.

I know these things.

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home