Friday, July 27, 2007

Old Mail

Last night I went on a slightly drunken adventure to Bimbo's and Bar Nothing, which was rather entertaining (especially the $4 pizza. Mmm!) Bar Nothing has exceptionally cheap (and exceptionally nasty) cocktails, so we had a few drinks there, too. After that, Ash and I went back to Erika's house, and I was shocked to find an infringment notice from the Victorian Electoral Commision in some old mail that had been delivered to Brunswick.

I so voted in that election! It was in November, and I knew that I was still on the registry for my old address, so I went over and hung out with Erika and voted. Oh, and the fine was due on the 4th of July, and they said if they didn't pay it, I might have to go to court! Wah! I had to go into the Electoral Commission today and sort that out. Bloody hell. I hope I don't get into mountains of trouble over that.

Now, I should go and clean the house. (But I think I'll eat something and watch DVDs instead.)

3 Comments:

At 8:20 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Out of interest, how much did they want to slog you for?

I've never voted in local elections... I suppose I will end up getting fined for it one day.

 
At 9:22 pm, Blogger Emma said...

$54. Not major. But still, seeing as I actually did vote...

 
At 4:08 pm, Blogger Jess said...

Heh, I guess they didn't like who you voted for. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home