Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Late Nights

I have heavenly Mint Mix tea, and I'm listening to lovely relaxing Radiohead (No Surprises, currently) and even though I've completely fallen behind with NaNoWriMo, that's OK. I really needed to focus on the completion of my course work the last few days, and who knows, maybe I'll go crazy and make 50k this year, anyway.

The thing I'm writing is actually sort of interesting. I must stop borrowing concepts from GRRM, although I only realised I was doing it after the fact. Yeah, it's all his fault for being spectacular, I say. Re-reading A Game of Thrones at the moment, and ah, it's so so so good. So, I think I'll have to keep working on it, whether it counts as NaNo or not. Because I do want to get my work out there, and I do want to grow as a writer. And I'll never get there if I don't try, will I? So that's what I'll do, I'll complete a manuscript, and work on it until I'm perfectly satisfied, and I'll remember everything Miss Snark taught me.

And then I'll make it. It's going to happen, I somehow know it will. And that is a spectacular feeling.

It's funny, I think finishing up with radio production is only highlighting the fact that I can do anything I want from here on out. It's a remarkable feeling, really, the thought that I could go anywhere, do anything, learn anything else I want to. And yes, one day I will do a masters or a doctorate in Literature. See that? That's a promise.

I'm going to turn off Radiohead and go to bed now. *yawn* Before I get too ahead of myself, here.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 pm, Blogger keppet said...

I am exceeding jealous and pleased for your success and the wonderful future ahead of you.

And your proximity to the T2 store.

 
At 11:13 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Thank you, Kepp. *smiles* Really.

Come to Australia one day and we can go and shop there all you like. But I can always send you what you want, anyway. Out of Mint Mix yet?

 
At 12:17 am, Blogger keppet said...

* exceedingly (not exceeding jealous...)

I am not quite out yet. But soon.

I shared it around last weekend and I think biped and Sky really liked it too.

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Emma said...

Oh, cool! Well, if everyone wants it, I think you can get it online, but I'll mail you some more if you want!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home