Monday, February 11, 2008

Better!

OK, so that nasty, grumpy, horribly upset Emma has been overpowered and locked in a basement.

Let's forget about her, shall we?

Yes, everything is going OK, and I'm sure I'll find a place (hopefully we get the one we applied for! Pleasepleaseplease!) and everything will be fine and dandy.

Today I had a day off for the first time in a week and a half, and my god, is it good. I got up around 10, did the email thing and then went and sat in a cafe in Yarraville and wrote for a couple of hours while drinking tea. It was brilliant, apart from the fact that they were playing Aretha Franklin (one of the CDs I have, actually) and I kept getting distracted and wanting to sing along. Also, it made me think of Sean, which of course is lovely. *grin*

But I got writing done! It's not really how I want the short story to work, but it's kind of good to bash it out and play with the ideas a little. And I sort of know what I have to fix and change and improve upon, so that's great.

I've also spent rather a lot of today doing washing and lazing around in the sunshine. Ah, it's so nice not to have to do anything. I might even crack open the very delicious bottle of wine I picked up (2005 '80 Acres' Shiraz Viognier) and listen to music and do yet more writing. There's one more thing that I'd really like to get done for Valentine's Day, actually, and it has nothing to do with the actual holiday. OK, so it's something to do with the DWP, if you must know...

I think working at the (awful) cafe is making me realise that I do want to write. And I can, and I will, and I'm going to totally make it. I feel very bold and adventurous, actually. I will get there! Hurrah!

Obviously my better mood is much more preferable to the grumpy one.

3 Comments:

At 11:08 am, Blogger Emano said...

It's good to see Happy Emma back.

 
At 12:37 pm, Blogger Emma said...

It's good to be back, says Happy Emma.

...who will stay around if she manages to get this house...

 
At 7:43 am, Blogger transparency said...

Yeah for the return of Bouncing Em !

And if she doesn't manage to get that house, we'll get her a better one, with red things in it. *winks*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home