Sunday, December 16, 2007

Struck

Wow. So I just got a massive punch to the head in the form of some poetry. It hasn't happened like this in a long long time, and I'm still a little muddled from it. When I saw what I saw, it made me frantic to get some of it down, but I didn't have a pen in my bag, so I started typing fragments into my mobile. I must have looked crazy on the train, with my eyes closed, trying to hold onto the mental image as long as I could. And it was almost like I could touch the scene with my hand.

Came home, wrote in a notepad for about twenty minutes. I have ink all over my knuckles from re-filling my fountain pen.

I have so much I need to write at the moment, from the Amanda Palmer concert to things for work (not to mention the Maldives fic, if you know what I'm talking about) but this... It was almost as if I was hit with an electric shock. I've got all of the notes I need now, I'm just trying to fit it all together.

There's something there, though.

I love it when this happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home