Sunday, January 04, 2009

401

Huh. I didn't realise that I was at 400 posts already. Well, that last one was, anyway. How could I possibly have posted that much, anyway?

I'm currently sitting in bed with my laptop (shiny) and I kind of feel like writing, but I'm not entirely certain if my brain is pushing out anything constructive, so... Might as well sit here and post bits and pieces. Actually, I was going to post something yesterday, and add in some clip from YouTube, and now I can't even remember what that was. Hmm. I'm sure I'll get back to that at some point.

Actually, the reason why I don't want to turn off my computer just yet and go to bed is that I'm listening to music, and I'm not overly tired, and I really just want to keep listening. This is a good excuse. And I'm also thinking that I should practice guitar more, because I can play the song I'm listening to, and it's kind of putting me to shame over how rough I am. (It's Delilah, in case anyone is wondering - Dresden Dolls, not that stupid pop song...) Excellent song. Hard to sing, though. The vocals drop just out of my range, although I have been practicing a little lately.

Oh, see, there you go. I can totally legitimately post about singing. I do live with an amazing singer, as many people will know. It really is rather spectacular to hear that all the time, and I am absolutely not being sarcastic when I say that. It's interesting, because I can't really help measuring myself against him, and I kind of suck. But that's OK, so do most people when compared to dear Tran. He's so good.

But I like singing, I do. Our enormous kitchen has tremendous acoustics, which helps when I'm belting out, oh, whatever while doing the dishes. OK, so it's probably either going to be Muse or the Dresden Dolls/Amanda, to be honest. What? Tran plays me all of the music in the world. Including Gina G, at the moment. Oh yes. A whole album.

There is something about it, though. Singing. I'm not terribly good at it, but my voice is fairly clear, I suppose. I can sing without mangling things, although I am somewhat embarrassed by my tendency to not quite hit notes. Ouch. But I enjoy it, very much. So much so that I make excuses to hang out in the kitchen, with the marvelous acoustics. And I wanted to learn how to play things on guitar so that I can interact with music on that level - playing things for myself, and singing. I don't know, it just kind of makes me happy to be able to jam out to something that I adore.

One more song, then bed.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:14 pm, Blogger Tran said...

But you love Gina G, anyway, wherever you be let your singstar free, seriously, it's good for you, just remember what happened to Mariah Carey when she went Hip Hop.

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Emma said...

Bahahahaha. Well, yes. That damn Gina G.

Oh, but how well do I normally tolerate your music?

VERY WELL INDEED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home