Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Tis The Season

Christmas ended up being very cool. But let me start from the beginning.

I worked late Sunday night, but was rewarded with a bottle of Riccadonna. Yay for a boss who gives presents. I got home quite late, and had to get up early to catch the train to Castlemaine. That was fine, all fine, although slightly painful, as I am not a morning person. I stay up late all night and read, usually, so getting up early is not my favourite thing.

The 9.35 train was turned into a bus. That sucked, because it usually adds on at least an hour. I whined about that a little in my head. And then the bus didn't show up. And the two that did were swamped with smirking people going direct to Bendigo. Grah. And the Geelong line was down as well, so there were hundreds of people getting shitty, and annoying people being all like 'I don't know why people are shitty! This is fine!' I had to wait two and a half hours to get a bus! And then it took forever, seeing it was a stopping all stations one. I ended up getting rescued from the train station by my brother at 2pm. Shudder. But, my iPod isn't dead after all, which cheered me up. Also, I was given hugs, presents and a glass of champagne as soon as I walked in the door.

Christmas lunch was brilliant. I had a trashbag Auntie who kept being horribly obscene around Grandma, and my cousin who matched me drink for drink. We talked travel stuff, which was great. The food was amazing, the conversation and company fantastic.

Also, I think it was the first Christmas in which I didn't feel awful for having a good time without Dad. I guess it's been long enough, eh?

1 Comments:

At 11:45 am, Blogger Q said...

What? How did I end up posting under that name? Bloody Google!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home