Friday, April 06, 2007

John Butler, Easter, Silverchair

John Butler at Fed Square was so good!

I ended up meeting Mum at Flinders St after running away from a Uni drinking session (shame on me). The place was packed. Who would have thought there were so many fans? Or maybe everyone was just there because it was free? Mum and I wormed our way into a spot where we could at least see the big screen, as there was no chance of seeing the man himself. It wasn't long before John Butler was on stage playing such wonderful music...

He started off with Zebra. Good move, as everyone sort of danced and sang along. I tried to ring Jes, but she must have still been at work. A little later in I called and stood there holding my phone up like an idiot. *grin* The music was fantastic! Vika and Linda Bull were there, and they sang beautifully. The busking song he played on his guitar had everyone clapping and cheering and dancing... There was such a good energy.

Wonderful stuff! I mentioned on the board that it was nothing like seeing him at the Big Day Out. I was all hot and tired and sweaty and dying to see Muse, and being squished and scorched and couldn't see the stage much anyway at the BDO, so no wonder I was impatient through his set. The other night was brilliant, though. He had an excellent rapport with the audience, and he played very, very well.

And then we went out drinking. Pity we had to catch a tram at 11 and therefore missed James. Very annoyed with myself for having to go.

We cleaned out aaaall of the crap (and actual stuff I wanted) that was in the spare room today, which wsas good. Everything is lovely and tidy, and I have new Silverchair to listen to.

The verdict? Not sure yet. Diorama is one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's taking a little while to get used to. I love Straight Lines, so I'm sure it'll grow on me. I do like it, I just don't adore it the way I adore Diorama. It'll get there.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 pm, Blogger Ata said...

Oh, I have heard Vika & Linda perform live - they are fantastic. John Butler I would love to see also.

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger Jess said...

En, you are so awesome for letting me hear it. *grins* Totally had me bouncing away on the way home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home